Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Humility's Revenge

It seems like everytime I "brag" about something, it tends to turn around immediately and bite me in the "you know where". About a week ago I was pointing out the fact that I haven't had the flu in a long time and guess what? Two days later, I'm out flat!! Sore achy muscles, sneezing uncontrollably, itchy watery eyes, plugged ears, and soooo tired. This all began last Thursday, and here it is Wednesday of the following week, and I'm just starting to feel a titch better. And this isn't the first time I have been laid out flat for bragging and not remaining humble. It happens almost everytime I spout out of my mouth, anything that could even be considered bragging. So, here's to my new plan in life. No more "bragging" and we'll see how far I get with that. Maybe I should attempt reverse psychology with this way of thinking...hmmmm, something to think about there!

No comments: