Tuesday, October 19, 2010

10 Things That Make Me Happy

#10 - Clean Sheets
There is nothing I like better than crawling into bed and snuggling into clean crisp sheets. I just lay there and get so excited, that I even get butterflies in my tummy. And I sleep so well on nights like that. Ahhhhh!

#9 - Sunday Drives
We don't do this as much as we used to, but I love love love Sunday drives, especially in the Fall. No TV, no house to clean, no meals to fix, just driving with the family. I find it very relaxing and I love having the opportunity to bond with the fam!

#8 - Rain
I love the rain. I love the feel of the rain on my face (oh I think that's a song), and love the smell of rain, and love the fresh feeling of rain. I love rainstorms, especially back east. They have the best rainstorms...Nova Scotia, Massachusetts and New Jersey!

#7 - Quilting
I love to quilt. I love to make quilts and give them away. It's an artful creation that I enjoy seeing in my mind, then putting together.

#6 - Painting
I have discovered a new love - oil painting. Who would have thought! But I can't get enough. I go to classes once a week and I wish it was 5 times a week.

#5 - Pajamas
One of my favorite things to do when I come home from work, whenever possible, is to climb into my pj's. Total comfort is what life is all about at those moments.

#4 - The Smell of Coconut
I spend a lot of time seeking out lotions and shampoos that smell like coconut. I love that smell, and I breath it in deeply when I use those products.

#3 - Scrapbooking and Pictures
I think these two go hand in hand, because I can't scrapbook without pictures. I take pictures whenever and wherever I go, and I am constantly writing stories in my mind as I am taking pictures.

#2 - MY CAT, TOPAZ!
I love my cat and he loves me. No, really he does! He is so spoiled and practically runs the house.

#1 - Cape Breton Island
My heart is there and always will be. I love my heritage and where I came from. My roots are deep in that island and my heart will forever long for its beauty and serenity.

So to sum things up, I would be at my happiest, cozied up in my pj's, somewhere on Cape Breton Island, painting a picture, while Topaz sits on my lap, and I had a coconut candle burning in the room, while NCIS is on the tv (snuck that one in there...I couldn't resist). Charlene is right, I had a hard time thinking about my favorite 10, but once I got started, I could have kept going and going and going.

2 comments:

Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl said...

Love it! I get the same way with clean sheets!!!! Even the butterflies!!!

Patsy said...

So you understand!