Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Strangest People are at Walmart

Okay, so the McDonald's story reminded me of another time that I had a strange encounter. It was Christmas a few years back (don't you like how I sound all elderly and knowledgeable)and I had to pick up something at Walmart that I just could not find anywhere else. Yes, we've all been there. So I walk into the store and head directly for my destination. I know what I need, I know I only have one hour for lunch, and I know I need to hurry. So I find the coveted object to be purchased and tenderly wrapped to be opened on Christmas morning (I can't even remember for whom or what it was). A man walks directly up to me (I believe he was hispanic or something like that) and looks me right in the eye and says, "You would be one good looking woman if you lost 40 pounds." Well I just stood there with my mouth open and didn't quite know how to respond to that. Oh I could think of lots of things now as I look back on it, but I probably shouldn't post any of them. But my mother's words quickly come to mind..."If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." I wish I'd said that! Why is it that I seem to attract these kind strangers? Or maybe it's that I bring out the worst/best in people. Sometimes leaving the house for me is like going on an adventure. I just never know...what next!

No comments: