Wednesday, October 20, 2010

McDonald's Rage

This is a weird story. On my way to the bank, I stopped at McDonald's to get a drink. Now this particular McDonald's has two separate drive up lanes, side by side. I'm sure you've all seen them. Anyway, as I pulled up there was a van, followed by a car in the first lane, and the second one was empty. So naturally I pulled into the second one...I mean, who wouldn't right? So I pull up to the speaker just as the van was pulling out of the first lane. The "lady" in the car behind him then pulled up to give her order. However, I was already in the process of saying "one medium coke please". All of a sudden, I heard her screaming at the unsuspecting McDonald's employee, very loudly - "Hey you! I was here before "that" woman over there." I quickly look around and realize of course that she must have been talking about me, because I was the only other person there. So I continue on my merry way, feeling sorry for the employee who would have to deal with her rage. All I could think of was "Give that woman her food!" So I pull up to pay for my drink, and she comes flying up behind me, literally, doing at least 60 miles per hour to go only 10 feet. I thought I was a goner! Now I'm thinking this woman is not only hungry and desperately needs her McDonald's nourishment, but she is nuts! The best thing to do in a situation like this is TAKE OFF EH! So I purchase my drink and head out. I pull out onto Redwood Road and head south, because after all, I still need to hit the bank. About 2 yards before the bank's driveway, this crazy lady comes screaming down Redwood Road and cuts me off and pulls in front of me. She was laughing at me as if to say..."see, now I'm in front of you." And at that exact moment, I quickly turn right and pull into the bank. I turned to look at her and she was gesturing some kind of signal with her finger, I'm not sure what! But I walked into the bank with a smile on my face, and a gratitude in my heart, that I never leave the house hungry, only thirsty.

No comments: